Anthony Rowcliffe & Son is recognised for a ‘hands-on’ approach. It’s part of our total
commitment to helping all our customers make the most of their chilled-food sales. Advice on ranges, merchandising, ticketing and even staff training is provided and we also offer trade - boosting promotions and product launches. Over our 50-year history as a supplier, we have helped thousands of new businesses start up and we are proud to have continued working closely with them as regular customers.
We attach the utmost importance to ensuring that every product we supply is not only the best available example of its type, but also complies with all legal and good practice requirements. That enables our customers to enjoy peace of mind when it comes to meeting ‘due diligence’ obligations.
World-class Technical Team
We believe one of our main strengths is a world-class Technical Team - each member
hand-picked for his/her scientific knowledge combined with a passion for fine food.
The Leader in our Field
All the above have helped to make us the leader in our field and we believe that comes
with a responsibility to do all we can in support of our customers and our industry.
To meet this obligation:
• We design and run in-house food safety courses for customers, suppliers and staff.
• We are the only company to sit on the three key Technical Committees for speciality foods.
• We directly influence government bodies and work with academic institutions to further the interests of our customers and suppliers.
• We audit suppliers and have even developed an audit standard for speciality cheesemakers that has become nationally accepted.
• We are continuously building our knowledge and library in conjunction with the leading scientists in the field.
• In addition to our Grade A BRC and fully implemented Quality Management System,
we test products in the lab and on taste panel. A dedicated team screens all deliveries before accepting them into stock.
Over many years, we have endeavoured to supply practical assistance to customers on a range of issues - whether it be with Environmental Health or Trading Standards challenges, product queries… even consumers’ dietary issues. We know how much easier and more enjoyable it is to sell when you have complete confidence in your food suppliers and we strive to provide you with all the assurances you need to enjoy total confidence in all that Anthony Rowcliffe & Son supply.