At Anthony Rowcliffe and Son Limited we take your data protection seriously, and the purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website. We recognise that your privacy is important, and we take our responsibility for safeguarding your personal information very seriously. We are also committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
Anthony Rowcliffe and Son Limited is importer and distributor of fine foods registered in England, with registered number 02213734. Anthony Rowcliffe and Son Limited’s registered office is at Grosvenor House, London Road, Redhill, England RH1 1LQ. Throughout this Privacy Notice we refer to ourselves as ‘the Company’/’we’/’our’.
It is important that you read and understand this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information when you use our website.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please ensure you regularly check back to review it.
What information do we collect about you? When you visit our website, we collect information about you that you provide to us when you:
• create an account on our website
• buy something in our online shop
• login to your customer profile
• submit an enquiry by sending us an email
• use our email address link to send us an email
• subscribe to our newsletter
• register with us on our website
You may also provide personal information to us in other ways, such as over the phone, or by engaging with the Company via social media.
All of this information is provided directly by you. If you decide not to provide relevant information, this may hinder our ability to respond to your visit to our website efficiently, may mean that we will not be able take any further action to support your enquiry and may mean that we are not able to set up your account to enable you to place orders with us or us to fulfil your orders.
How will we use the personal information we collect? The information provided by you will be processed for legitimate business and/or contractual reasons:
• Respond to your enquiry or provide the goods that you have requested
• Send you information that you request from us relating to our products
• Enable the registration of your account with us
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
• Provide our ongoing service to you
• Our customer relations management and mailing systems
• From time to time to provide you with information about new and existing Company products and services. Should you wish that we do not use your personal information for these purposes, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We may also use your site usage information to improve our website, understand how you use our site, and provide more relevant content to you
We may use third party companies to process this information on our behalf. If we do share your personal information for these purposes, the data remains our property at all times – these “data processors” act only under our instructions and are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes. We check carefully that our third - party suppliers are as compliant with data protection law and regulations as we are. When we outsource the processing of your information to third parties or provide your information to third party service providers, we contractually oblige those third parties to protect your information with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using your information for their own purposes or from disclosing your information to others.
We never share or sell your personal information with or to any third parties, and you will not receive offers or communications from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
The Company will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
We will store your personal information only as long as is required to process your enquiry or your account or provide the services that you have requested and for a further period of 7 years for our accounting purposes.
We do not base any decisions about the personal information you have provided solely on automated decision-making.
How We Keep Your Personal Information Safe
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration:
• All information you provide s is stored on secure servers
• We use strict procedures and have implemented security features on our site to try to prevent unauthorised access
• Any data processors and service providers who have access to your personal information, for the purposes of processing your information on our behalf, are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website and emails may contain links to third party websites and services. It is important to remember that when you follow a link to any of these websites or leave our website to use the services of a third party website, this Privacy Notice will not apply.
When you browse or interact with any other website, or third party service provider, you must check that website or service provider’s own Privacy Notice and procedures for handling your personal information before you submit any personal information to these websites.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact email@example.com or write to Marketing Department, Provender House Unit B Paddock Wood Distribution Centre, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6UU.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are processing it for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party where processing is carried out by automated means.
To find out more about your rights, to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions or concerns about data protection at Anthony Rowcliffe and Son Limited, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a letter to Provender House Unit B Paddock Wood Distribution Centre, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6UU.
If you have any concerns or comments about how we use information, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues for guidance and advice, or to lodge a complaint. The ICO may be contacted at:
Post: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 1st May 2020.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|User session cookie
|This first-party cookie is essential for our site to log you in to your account and keep you logged in
|This first-party cookie enables us to:
Understand how many page views each page receives
Measure which promotions and adverts lead to sales
|Google Analytics Support
Strictly essential cookies are always enabled. You can choose whether we set analytical cookies using the pop-up at the bottom of the page. If you would like to reset your preferences, please click the button below. Please note, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.